The Past I guess

I finished the last post with a promise to look into the past. So thats what I'm going to do. However that wish has cast me out an airlock, drifting through the space between actual points.

Hmmm, simile possibly inspired by the fact that Star Trek (2009) is on in the background.  I spend alot of time standing in front of my rather copious DVD collection, determining which DVD is best to put on as 'background noise' one that makes me feel a little better through osmosis, but not necessarily anything I want to actually focus on. Take stock of.

So, yeah, historical perspective.

When its looked at from a great distance, my emigration to London may seem caught up in the financial crisis that followed it.  It of course wasn't.  When I left Ireland I left behind a viable career, friends, a 'life' basically.  For the unknown.  The rather fretful, stressful, exciting unknown.  If I'd stayed in the job I had been in, well, its viability as a way of life would have fallen from under me.. instead I grabbed the legs of a gigantic passing seagull, soared to safety of a kind, moments before the whole A shaped structure was consumed by a gigantic life consuming whale like entity.... A metaphor too far obviously.

But A shaped of course because I was an archaeologist. And possibly a rather good one.  An enthusiastic one anyway. But, I've always been an enthusiast.  Enthusiastic actor, enthusiastic tree climber, enthusiastic enthusiast.  But yes, it was to build another A shaped structure to float on.  Not as big a structure, but somehow more stable then the seeming yacht I'd left behind.

Of course all that was before Star Trek was cool. Star Trek being cool is a mad old thing.  It was my flag of "LOOK I'M MAD AND DIFFERENT" as a kid.  One of those few interests even the bullied understands can only be met with bullying.  But it was fine really.  Silly, but fine.

Oh I meant to tell exciting stories about snake attacks instead I appear to be examining myself from an anthropomorphic point of view... so long ago. I dwell on the past, I'm learning to stop, but I find myself with little else to do.  I'm finding the day terrifically boring. Hence the blog. Oh for an injection of humor.

A few times clinging to cliffs, rough rocks and all that, bits of moss... far more fun... maybe next time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iran 2017 - Part 5 - Isfahan - Half the world

For the ease of future historians

Moreish.. involving eggs. WARNING: I get quite daft